Thursday night we rounded up the gang for D's company picnic at LakeIsabella. It was S's first time meeting his co-workers, so she was passed around by a lot of the ladies throughout the evening. K, on the other hand, was too busy running everywhere to let anyone hold him. His two favorite activites were playing with the super soaker water guns and running back and forth between the boards during the cornhole tournaments. Speaking of that, D and I made it all the way to the semi-finals...how shocking since we're both terrible!
Grandma and Auntie C came down on Saturday to babysit while D and I went out for dinner and drinks. Thank you!
I am a mom, wife, kidney cancer survivor and now a new critical care nurse. My life is rich in all the ways that matter, and for the the most part I wouldn't change a thing. I am thankful for each day I am given on this planet and have yet to see birthdays in a negative light. I laugh at people who think that we are getting old. Growing up and not having fun is one thing I will never give up. My children have have really brought out the best in me and being a mommy is the most important job I will ever have. I truly value my family and friendships and do the best I can to nurture them. If there's anything I've learned on this wild ride, it's that I really do "get by with a a little help from my friends!"