Sunday, August 06, 2006

Coming in 3s...


So I haven't been blogging for a few days because we were dealing with #2 and #3 in our stroke of bad luck. It began Wednesday evening about 6:00 PM. D was home and K and S were snoozing, and I had the headache from h**l come on out of nowhere. I decided to grab a catnap in hopes of keeping the headache from getting worse. Well about an hour later, K woke up and so did everyone else in the house (thanks to his "cranky" state when he had to face the world) and not only was my headache worse, I was freezing. So I asked D if I felt warm and he said yes. So I checked my temperature and it was a whopping 102! I was definitely sick. As the night progressed, I felt worse and worse. By morning, I was ready to give up. I ended up being so sick that I made D call an ambulance to take me to the hospital. By the time I got to the hospital, my temp was close to 104!! Holy cow, that's really freakin' high for an adult. Well, my visit to the hospital ended with my diagnosis being "a nasty virus." Great...now I have this horrible virus and there are no meds to fight it since it's a virus. I was told to eat Tylenol and Ibuprofen around the clock and given a script for nausea pills. So I went home and followed the doctor's orders. On Friday late afternoon, I still didn't feel much better and a rash was starting to form around the bug bites on my right leg.

Saturday morning however, was a totally different story. I was covered with the itchy, red rash. Yuck! And I was feeling worse. Oh and my mom and sis were coming down to take care of the kids so D could catch up on some yard work. So I'm on the phone with my mom and I hear K screaming in the kitchen. I run in there and try to find out what's making him so upset, but he just kept screaming and crying. So I hang up with my mom and take him to his room to wipe his face. After that I attempted to get him to hold my hand and walk to breakfast with me. That's when I noticed that he was holding his hand at a weird angle and when I tried to hold it, it was limp. We get to the kitchen and I tell D about the hand and he tells me that it must have happened when he picked K up to get into his high chair - OOPS! I tell D I think that it's a dislocated wrist. We decide that taking him to Children's Hospital is the best course of action at this point. So we get K dressed and pack up the diaper bag and off K and D went. They get to the hospital and find out that the issue was actually a dislocated elbow called nurse maids elbow. Apparently the doctor just twisted and "popped" K's arm back into the correct position and they were done.
After that, all was well. D and K got home right before my mom and sis arrived. The day was uneventful after that.

From Saturday through Monday, I spent my days feeling terrible trying to beat this nasty virus. On Monday, I ended up seeing my doc and he told me to keep up the same regimen and I should be feeling better soon. Don't these docs have anything better to say??!! By Tuesday, the rash was gone and I was feeling better, but the nasty headache was nowhere near disappearing.
It is now Thursday and I am finally almost back to normal. I still have a hint of the headache and am extremely fatigued. Hopefully I will be back to myself for our weekend visitors, Grandma K and Aunt C.