Tuesday, January 16, 2007

New Years, Christmas, Birthdays, Ecetera.

Okay, so it has been like three weeks since my last post...so sorry. I was busy wrapping up my application for nursing school, trying to get all of our Christmas decorations put away and sort through the massive amount of gifts from Christmas. I'm getting somewhere near caught up and thought I would try to cover everything since my last post in 2006. So here goes...

Christmas at Grandma Kathie's:

S opening her gift.



K got a harmonica from Grandma O.


Ahhh, finally some directions that D might use.


Chocolate for Grandma Kathie.


Christmas at Grandpa B.'s:

K wrestling with Erik.


Grandpa showing off his new shredder.


The feast.

Also wanted to send BIRTHDAY WISHES to Lori, Rebecca, Abhi, and Grandma Ina.

On a final note, I am not one to eat sauerkraut ever, but I was fortunate enough to have a dish on New Years Day served by Justin and Sarah that was absolutely wonderful.

Krauty McKraut’s Sonic Lasagna

Ingredients

2 cans 10 ¾ oz. condensed cream of something soup (I use mix of mushroom and celery)

1 1/3 Cup Milk

½ Cup chopped onion

1 T prepared mustard

2 ½ Cups sauerkraut, rinsed and drained

No boil lasagna noodles

2 Cups shredded Swiss, separated into 3 piles. 2 bigger than the third.

¾ Cup bread crumbs (whole wheat or otherwise, we used Italian)

2 T butter

1 1/5 lbs. polish sausage/kielbasa/or the like

Directions

Editor’s note: use three layers of noodles.

  1. Mix soup, milk, onion & mustard in bowl (I use blender for uniformity).
  2. Spread kraut in 13 X 9 pan.
  3. Cover with noodles.
  4. Spoon soup sludge over noodles.
  5. Cover noodles with sliced sausage.
  6. Cover sausage with cheese.
  7. Repeat steps 3-7.
  8. Cover with last round of noodles.
  9. Spoon remaining soup sludge on top (should be just a lil bit)
  10. Top with combo of mixed melted butter and bread crumbs.
  11. Top with remaining lil ball of Swiss. And perhaps some extra kraut.
  12. Cover with foil.
  13. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour.